Once assessed for validity, approved ideas are added to a secure and restricted access Gallery, which is open for viewing to pre-authenticated visitors in a mediated and monitored introduction service. Your idea is posted to a page that you can access, you will be able to notify us of any edits for a few days, to make sure you’re happy with how it looks.
ABTT VIP has a small cash award for ‘Idea of the Year’. Top entries will be presented on our VIP Stand at the yearly ABTT Trade Show.
This fund is generously donated by supportive ABTT friends and affiliates.
- The best idea for the year will be awarded initial stage ‘seed funding’ for development and prototyping. This fund is generously donated by supportive ABTT friends and affiliates.
- For a limited period, all submitted ideas will be shared exclusively with the ABTT ‘Industry Supporters’ Group’ (ISG). This is a group of service providers and commercial companies who have particular expertise and interest in theatre, the performing arts and places of entertainment.
- Introduction to selected members of the ISG for networking. An opportunity to meet others in the industry to share creative thinking.
Opportunity to discuss your idea with ISG companies interested in supporting its development.
- After an exclusive period, launch to public website for wider promotion, accessible for all to view.
Outstanding ideas will be awarded a Certificate of Commendation and free ABTT membership for two years
The Virtual Ideas Platform is …
- A ‘one to one’ connection conduit to facilitate the flow of ideas and enable their acceptance and development.
- A method for sharing concepts and planting seeds for future growth.
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and a first-step in networking for creative innovation.
- A way for the ABTT to help recognise the importance of our industry’s problem-solvers.
The Virtual Ideas Platform is not …
- A theatrical ‘Dragons Den’.
- A money-making commercial exercise.
- A legally binding commitment.
- A patent search service.
- Formal and inflexible.
The Application Process
- Is it clever?
- Is it useful?
- Is it original?
- Is it sustainable?
- Does it contribute to wellbeing?
- Is it commercially viable?